Saturday, January 18, 2014

Fix "Could not apply stored configuration to monitors. Error on line 1 Char 1. Document was empty or contained whitespace" error in Kali Linux

Read full details here:
Fix "Could not apply stored configuration to monitors. Error on line 1 Char 1. Document was empty or contained whitespace" error in Kali Linux

I just installed Kali Linux 1.0.6 on VirtualBox. My installation finished without a problem but when I tried to Login, I had the following error
Could not apply stored configuration to monitors. Error on line 1 Char 1. Document was empty or contained whitespace
This error doesn't really stop me from doing anything, (I just pressed Close and it went away for the whole session), but next time I reboot and tried to Login, same error popped up. After few times, I was just annoyed and started looking around for a solutions.

I later found that many users got similar problem’s in Ubuntu, Linux Mint, CentOS and in my case Kali Linux. This problem is not only limited to VirtualBox, it also affects Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 and standalone installation. In this guide we will try to solve it for the following types of installation

  1. Linux installed  in VirtualBox
  2. Linux installed in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007
  3. Standalone Installation



Read the rest of it here: Fix "Could not apply stored configuration to monitors. Error on line 1 Char 1. Document was empty or contained whitespace" error in Kali Linux

No comments:

Post a Comment